National Library of Medicine (NLM) and the National Agricultural Library (NAL). I will explore NLM in this post and NAL in my next one. There is so much to explore at the NLM site, but the Historical Collections interest me. These collections include:
- Books and Journals NLM pre-1914 books and serials, pre-1871 journals, and pamphlets and dissertations.
- Archives and Manuscripts Archive and modern manuscript collections and Western and Islamic manuscripts, from the 11th century to the present.
- Prints and Photographs Images illustrating the social and historical aspects of medicine.
- Films and Videos Films and video recordings documenting the history of medicine.
- Digital Collections Selected digitized material from NLM historical collections, covering a spectrum of centuries and cultures.